Let me introduce to you my current favourite TV series. It's got a vampire. Nothing short of a hot one. And a very pretty lady whose legs I'm dying to have.
This is True Blood.
True Blood was aired on HBO in the United States when it was first premiered on 7th September 2008. It was created and produced by Alan Ball based on the book series, Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris. The book was also known as The Southern Vampire Mysteries.
True Blood centers around the premise of humans and vampires co-existing with one another with the invention of synthetic blood produced by the Japanese. Vampires no longer have to prey on humans for their meals. At least some people think this way.
The main lead in the series is Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic waitress who befriends an awesomely hot (the kind that comes with age kinda thing) vampire Bill Compton.
P.S. He ain't old.
[The two main lead]
[This I believe is Kevin. The oldest vampire in the area.]
[He saves her almost right after she saves him ^^]
The character played by Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer respectively is vastly brought to life by intense moments vividly displayed in the series. At one point, they got so intimate, it freaks me out that he doesn't just bite her head off.
According to a blogger, or let's say commenter of this series,
True Blood is what Twilight should have been.
Don't get mad at me. Read his/her comments
here. I so totally agree with it. ^^
The series is not stingy with violence, sex and blood. Everything I believe a movie on vampires should be. Its more related to what vampires ARE compared to what audiences would LIKE TO SEE, in Twilight. Then again, I do not deny that I enjoy Twilight for the sweet/bitter romance between Edward and Bella.
But as I am, I do enjoy lots of blood and a proper head-strong female lead. You see, in True Blood, Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), is truly a woman to behold. She can - in most scenarios, take care of herself. She's strong-willed, calm in the face of danger and someone I truly admire. Especially since she has to protect her brothers who constantly lands into some problem with every woman he sleeps with! (i told you there was sex in it ^^)
[ONE of the bloody scenes]
Do not get me started on Bella. As partially-amazing as she was, Sookie would definitely knock her socks off.
Anyways, the second season of True Blood is to be aired in June '09.
And the series have conducted an all astonishing 'viral marketing strategy' inclusive of a series of commercial ads, outdoor ads, etc.
[They intended to mass produce this for real]
[Cool huh?]
[At a bus stop, not in Sg]
[There's O negative, B and others]
Now, you can catch True Blood airing on Max (Starhub Ch 59) every Thursday at 9pm for 2 hours.
Things to note:
1) Vamp blood is truly an intoxicating Viagra-like drug depending on the original Vamp and whomever who takes it. It's suppose to allow awesome sex!
2) Vamp Blood can heal wounds.
3) There's a shape-shifter in it, including all Vamps.
4) Anna Paquin played Rogue in the X-Mens movies.
Good luck and enjoy watching. Sleep well tonight. ^^